1) Play XL does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
2) Height restrictions for Play XL state that a child must be 4’10” in order to play in the facility. Children over this height may play, but this is at the discretion of the supervising staff.
3) For hygiene reasons, children should use the toilet and wash their hands before entering the play area.
4) Leave any important personal possessions such as jewellery or badges with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if shatter-proof lenses and a retainer are used.
5) Shoes must be removed before entering the play area and socks worn at all times. Please contact a member of staff or reception if this is an issue.
6) In order for children of all ages to safely enjoy the facilities at Play XL, age restrictions are in place and vary dependent on the area of the play zone.
7) During peak times, play is restricted to 2 hours
8) We recommend to parents for the safety of all that children wear long sleeves and trousers with clothes tucked in at all times. Some articles of clothing such as football shirts with man-made fibres are not recommended and this may prevent children from using some of the play equipment at Play XL
9) Clothes with ropes or cords should not be worn in the play area
10) Slide exits must be kept clear at all times; please do not play in front of them
11) No sharp objects may be taken into the play area
12) It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the system structure.
13) No food, drink or chewing gum should be taken into the play area.
14) It is forbidden to smoke or play with fire within the play centre. The use of E Cigs are not permitted.
15) Children who are unwell should not enter the play area.
16) Balls or other objects should not be thrown at each other.
17) Fighting or bullying will not be tolerated. Guilty parties or those suspected of causing trouble may be asked to leave.
18) Parents/Guardians are responsible for the behaviour and well-being of the child in their care and must maintain supervision at all times.
19) In the interest of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff
20) Report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits.
21) All damages to Play XL property must be reported to a member of staff whether deliberate or accidental.
22) Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. should be conducted in the baby changing room. Place nappies in the correct bins provided.
23) For Health and Safety reasons, only food purchased at Play XL may be consumed on the premises.
24) Report any concerns about behaviour of children or other guests to a member of staff. Don't attempt to intervene yourself.The Play XL team supervise the play equipment and help maximise your children's enjoyment from the play experience. However, they are not a replacement for parental supervision. Parents/Guardians should note that whilst every consideration has been given for the safety of children using the play centre, Play XL cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of children playing on the equipment!
Open Monday to Saturday 9.30am – 6.30pm Sunday 9.30am to 5pm
(Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day)
9.30am – 5.30pm (food)
9.30am – 6.00pm (drinks and snacks)
During busy period admission is limited to a 2 hour stay
*Weekends, school holidays, bank holidays. midweek term time from 3.00pm
**To become a member of Astrabound, pick up a form at reception - it’s free to join!
Unit 1, Riverhead,